Monday, September 8, 2008

ALL CLEAR~~AGAIN

Well, made it through again~~arteries all clean. That was a big relief. After the procedure I went to recovery where I spent the next 5, count them 1-2-3-4-5 hours lying flat on my back with my right leg straight out not to be moved at all for those 5 hours. I got through that too.

I figured out how to wiggle around to check out the machines, how to get the apple juice after the nurse left and later how to eat a turkey sandwich, drink some more apple juice with only one hand to manage it and eat my piece of cake. I couldn't ever manage to get the peaches open and spoon them out of the juice and into my mouth. All those things flat on my back.

I had slept through most of those hours because I had not had much sleep last night. They got me up and had me move about for a few minutes and then I spent the last hour watching a John Wayne movie on DVD. That picture was made in the early thirties~~had to be. It had the hand crank phone, the horses ran funny and the bad guy got shot by his own men. Surely don't make them like that today.

Finally I got sprung and am at home till Thursday. It could have been much worse.

No comments: